Start by asking yourself a few questions:
- Do you ever feel bad or uncomfortable about your sexual behavior?
- Do you become restless or irritable when you are unable to engage in sexually related behavior?
- Do you ever feel guilt, remorse, or depression around your sexual behavior?
- Have you tried and failed to control the amount of sexual activity you engage in?
- Has your need for sexually related behaviors ever made you abandon your value system or go against your better judgment?
- Do you resort to pornography or other sexual activities to escape from your problems, to relieve anxiety, or to cope with stress?
- Do you feel shame about your sexual activities?
- Do you feel a need to conceal from others either the nature or frequency of your sexual activities?
- Do you lead a secret or double life?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above questions, you may have a Pornography / Sexual addiction. The good news is that you are not alone and there is help.
To further assess how serious the problem is, go to www.RecoveryZone.com and take the Sexual Addiction Screening Test (SAST). It’s FREE, ANONYMOUS, and it takes about 10 minutes to complete. Print your results and we can discuss them if you choose to contact us.